Benjamin D. Burnett | Shareholder
Ben is a shareholder who joined the firm in September 2012. Since graduating from law school, Ben has called Bell County home, where he currently resides with his lovely wife, Ellen, and their twin boys. Ben is licensed to practice in Texas by the Texas Supreme Court and has been admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Juris Doctor, 2009
University of Houston Law Center
- Bachelor of Business Administration, 2007
University of Oklahoma
Awards & Special Designations
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to Super Lawyer’s Rising Stars list 2021-2024 by Thomson Reuters Services
- Selected by BL Rankings to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2024 for work in the areas of Commercial Litigation and Litigation – Trusts and Estates
- Representation of individuals and business entities in litigation disputes involving business entities and owners of entities.
- Representation of beneficiaries, executors, and families in probate and will contests.
- Representation of property owners in condemnation proceedings involving the exercise of eminent domain powers.
- Experience in civil law, probate litigation, general litigation, condemnation, consumer rights, family law and appellate law.
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Bell County Bar Association
- Member, Bell County Young Lawyers Association
- Bell County Bar Association Young Lawyer of the Year (2013)
- President, Bell County Bar Association (2020)
- Barrister, Judge Abner V. McCall American Inn of Court
- Board of Directors, Family Promise of East Bell County, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Central Texas Youth Services Bureau
- Temple Children’s Museum – Volunteer